1. Without it we can’t digest our food. Particularly protein. Everybody loves protein.
2. It produces insulin. Without it our blood sugar levels would be sky high. 👆🏽
3. It also produces glucagon. Without it our blood sugars can drop dangerously low. 👇🏽
4. It helps to neutralise the acid from our stomach so it doesn’t hurt our small intestines! ☔️
5. It’s shaped kinda like a tadpole 🐸 and some clever scientists are working out how we can use dietary changes to help healthy pancreatic cells regenerate after damage. We’re really excited by this! 🍽
If you end up without one, or it doesn’t work so well, you’ll miss it dearly. People with pancreatic insufficiency will often need to take enzymes in a capsule with every meal to help break down their food. And many will require insulin to control blood sugar levels.